In my experience as a writer, I have come to believe in the following values and principles as paramount in ‘writing as enjoyment’.
[Please go to my author website to read the detailed article.]
- Writing the book over publishing the book
- Enjoying the writing over enjoying the end product
- Starting the writing over planning for the writing
- Writing for yourself over writing for others
- Living to write over writing to live
- Do not be constrained by what you think others want you to write
- Approach publishers only after completing the writing of the book.
- Write, write, write; do not worry about the result.
- Write, read, re-write, re-read, correct, re-write, re-correct…
- You can start your jogging regimen even in your old shoes.
- Don’t be a word counter.
- Do not let others manipulate your idea.
- Don’t worry about the audience.
- Do not expect to make a lot of money writing.
- Write, because you have a message for the world.
Please go to my author website to read the detailed article.