- Vaman Shivram Apte, A Practical Sanaskrit-English Dictionary, Motilal Banrasidass Publishers Private Limited, Delhi
- Sir Monier Monier-Williams, A Sanskrit-English Dictionary, Motilal Banrasidass Publishers Private Limited, Delhi
- Online dictionary – This is a good dictionary. You have both Sanskrit to English and English to Sanskrit here. This site also has pointers to other standard online dictionary
- Any edition/publication of Amarakosa
B. Reading Material
- Charles Rockwell Lanman, A Sanskrit Reader. Motilal Banrasidass Publishers Private Limited, Delhi [This is a good starting text, with a collection of sample material from many of the Sanskrit works. ]
- You can also read the Hitopadesa, Kathasarithasagara, Sriramodantam, Srikrishnavilasam etc. as starting Sanskrit texts.
One thought on “Reference Material”
http://spokensanskrit.de/ seems to have mogrified to https://www.asien.net/indien/sanskrit/ and the online dictionaries are not obvious. Please clarify or help. Thanks.